Installing a NWA app on your NumWorks calculator takes less than a minute. First, you download a
nwa app on your computer, for example from our apps page. Then you install it on your calculator.
Usually you just need a
nwa file. Here’s how to make it work:
- Download a
.nwafile on your computer
- Go to NumWorks’s installer from your computer. Note: You’ll need to use Chrome.
- Click the “Connect” button
- A form should appear : use the file you downloaded in step 1.
- Press the “Install” button that just appeared.
Apps that needs some external data
Some apps will need some external data to work. For example, Playa will need a video file to work. In this case, the steps are a little bit more complicated.
- Download the
.nwafile, for example
- Download the additional extra file that’s needed, for example
- Head to NumWorks’ app installer
- Select the
.nwaapp. The installer will tell you that the app needs an external file.
- Use the second file as an external file.
- Press install!
Apps that are too large
If you want to install an app that is over 2.5 MB you will need to use our memory extender.
It doesn’t work!
If the upload doesn’t work, here are some things worth trying:
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of Chrome
- Close all your browser tabs but one
- Try another USB cable
- Reset your calculator by using a pencil to press the reset button on the back